Large truck accidents can have devastating consequences, resulting in severe injuries, fatalities, and extensive property damage. These accidents often occur due to the negligence, recklessness, or wrongful actions of one or more parties involved. At Kelley Law Firm, we recognize the importance of identifying the causes of truck accidents and holding the responsible parties accountable. If you have been involved in a large truck accident, our experienced attorneys are here to provide you with the legal support and guidance you need.
Common Causes of Large Truck Accidents
- Truck Driver Negligence: Truck drivers, like all motorists, can make errors or act negligently while operating their vehicles. This includes distractions, speeding, driving under the influence, violating traffic laws, and more. Negligent actions of truck drivers significantly increase the risk of accidents and jeopardize the safety of other road users.
- Hours-of-Service Violations: Federal regulations govern the number of hours truck drivers can spend on the road without rest. Violating these hours-of-service rules can lead to driver fatigue, impairing their ability to operate the truck safely. Fatigue-related accidents can be as dangerous as those caused by drunk driving.
- Trucking Company Negligence: Trucking companies have a duty to ensure the safety of their drivers and vehicles. Failure to conduct proper background checks, provide adequate training, enforce safety regulations, or set realistic deadlines and quotas can contribute to accidents.
- Improper Truck Maintenance or Repairs: Regular maintenance and prompt repairs are crucial to ensuring the safe operation of large trucks. Negligence in this area, whether by the driver or a third party responsible for maintenance, can result in mechanical failures and accidents.
- Cargo Loading Issues: Properly loading and securing cargo is essential for maintaining the balance and stability of a large truck. When cargo is improperly loaded or exceeds weight limits, it can lead to the loss of control, rollovers, or other accidents.
- Defects: Truck defects, such as faulty tires, brakes, or steering systems, can contribute to accidents. Additionally, roadway defects, including poor maintenance, unsafe speed limits, and inadequate signage, can create hazardous conditions that increase the risk of collisions.
How Kelley Law Firm Can Help
At Kelley Law Firm, our Dallas truck accident attorneys have a deep understanding of the complexities involved in large truck accident cases. We work closely with accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, and other experts to build strong cases on behalf of our clients. Our experienced team will investigate the accident, gather evidence, and determine liability.
We are committed to seeking maximum compensation for our clients, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our aggressive approach and extensive courtroom experience allow us to negotiate with insurance companies and, if necessary, litigate the case to protect our clients’ rights and interests.
Contact Kelley Law Firm Today
If you have been involved in a large truck accident, it is crucial to seek legal representation as soon as possible. The skilled attorneys at Kelley Law Firm are ready to provide you with compassionate guidance and fight for the justice you deserve. Contact us today at (972) 853-5398 or through our online form to schedule a free consultation. Let us handle the legal complexities while you focus on healing and rebuilding your life.